I thought it might be a sign from above that maybe I was not supposed to get fit after all. But somehow... I doubted it.
I celebrated my "one-year fitness anniversary" last week by trying something new: wall climbing. I took a 2.5 hour workshop on the basics of wall / rock climbing and learned how to set up ropes, tie in and belay. (That was a new word for me. No, fellow runners, it does not rhyme with "relay", but is instead said "buh-LAY"... means to help your partner up and down the wall by managing the ropes.)
I had a blast! And was hideously sore the next day!
A quick re-cap of the past year in review:
- 6 dress sizes lost
- 23 personal training sessions completed
- 52 weeks of consistent training
- 1 new-found love of running
- 2 injured knees (patellofemoral syndrome)
- 1 knee recovered
- 1 compartment "like" condition in right lower leg - mostly recovered
- 2 vertebrae discovered with bone spurs
- 1 case of plantar fasciitis
- countless fears overcome
- numerous new friends and running "blogger buddies"
Not a bad way to change a life, really... even with the injuries.