Sunday, August 14, 2005

iSurrender

After the last post, and the comments it aroused, I realized that the two people who were "stuck in the 80's/90's", both had iPods. As I read their comments (or really, consolation and empathy notes... proud to annouce that they had Erasure on their iPods), I began to wonder what all this iPod business was all about.

I hadn't really paid much attention when my young cousin was visiting. I probably should have, but I didn't.

As luck would have it, I have been blessed with a bit of a summer cold. Last night, it was raging in full force and I knew that I would not be able to sleep well without something a little stronger than pepermint tea.

I headed to the closest London Drugs (a nearby pharmacy-plus-a-bunch-of-other-stuff) for night time cold relief. The trip had me leaving with cold meds in one hand, and a new iPod mini in the other.

I had no intention of buying an iPod! I blame it on sinuses that were so stuffed that it affected my brain cells.

But what could I do? They had a smokin' deal on the 4 gig models that only held 1000 songs. The new ones are (at least?) 6 gigs and hold 1500 songs. Basically, they were almost giving them away.

And hence, I am now the proud owner of a lime green iPod mini. Hopelessly out of date, I'm sure. But I don't care.

I spent the afternoon playing with it. And I'm damn near in love it with it -- after a few short hours. Now I see what all the fuss is about. This little thing is great!

What the hell took me so long? Oh right... at full price, they're a bit expensive.

Go. Grab the older models now. Chances are, you'll never listen to 1000 songs before you get bored anyway.

And for those of you who care, of COURSE my iPod has Coldplay on it. :-)

1 comment:

Bast said...

You with your iPod (sure it's not a new hybrid of peas?) and me with my Big Girl sofa! (Yes, I actually bought it!). Consumerism is so comforting at times ...