Thursday, August 18, 2005

Smudge sticks

Recently I was having an exchange with a friend about smudge sticks. She didn't know what they were. I explained that they're used for spiritual cleansing, telling her I had one that I've used on occasion, when I felt the need or desire to have the energy in my space cleansed. My smudge stick was given to me by my friend, Lee, I told her, and in a "pay it forward" kind of way, I would try to find one for her and send it along.

The problem is, I can't seem to find one. Today I was at a new age-type bookstore near where a friend of mine used to live. No luck... They had only braids of sweetgrass. I was told by the owner, "Sweetgrass is used to attract, sage is used to cleanse."

OK, fine.

I know there's sage in smudge sticks, along with cedar and a few other plants, so that makes sense.

But still, no smudge sticks to be found. The closest we got was bags of sage, that I could tie into a smudge stick.

Not going to happen. I don't know enough about them, or how to tie them.

So, this is half post and half plea.... If anyone knows where I can get a smudge stick in Calgary, I'd appreciate a comment back. Much obliged!
Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buy 'em online. Just don't buy one for me. :-)

http://www.wildeones.com/incense6.php?sn=3278983211x1123632925x1026034190

Anonymous said...

If you're willing to go to Black Diamond, they have two new age stores there that sell them.
Pegasis and the other store starts with an "O," can't remember it's name though. Oren's or something. They're both just on the main road.