Friday, November 11, 2005

And out of the woodwork...one ex came a-crawling...

Remember those posts a while back about how I love letters? Well, I'm half tempted to change that...

I got home yesterday and in amongst the junk mail and bills there was a letter from my ex (yes, for those of you who know who I'm talking about, it was from C).

It was almost a year to the day that I had a conversation with him that went something like this: "Please don't ever call me, e-mail me or come by the house again. In fact, don't ever contact me again. We're done."


And I walked away.

I wasn't a bitch about it. I didn't scream or yell. I looked him in the eye and was gentle, but firm -- and very honest and clear. There was no way I could have been more direct.

And so, what's in this letter?

An invitation to go for coffee!

Just in case you're wondering -- NO! It's not going to happen. Not in a million years.

But what part of "Don't ever contact me again" is unclear, I ask??

4 comments:

ipodmomma said...

that's a pretty interesting letter...

some people just don't know what 'no' means...

and if you are willing to eat fruitcake, I'll send it... :)))

it's really pretty good...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...sounds like it's time to buy a Paper Shredder...

oldhall said...

Obviously, I'm one of those people who has not a clue what you're talking about.

But we won't let THAT stop us, will we??!

I'll make this multiple choice:

She: "I never, ever, want to hear from you again"

a) He: "Okay, I'll ask you again in one year"

b) He: "Alright, that's what YOU want, but I may have other ideas"

c) He: "Emotional female... I'll disregard that"

d) He: "Fine. I agree" [12 months later]: "No waitaminute, I think, well what about..."

e) He: "People change. I change, you change, we all change for ice... uh... cream... We're different, we can put all that stuff behind us"

Anonymous said...

Ultimately, it boils down to the fact that men really are dumb [and women are clearly the superior sex]. At the same time, I think men have honest intentions 'we can still be friends and have occasional sex, right?', but don't realize how easy it is to get either a) attempt to get back into a relationship that never worked the first time, or b) undo all the emotional healing that both parties have undergone.

SEE, you did the right thing. Go on with your life. Be flattered that you got your letter. And know that you're still desirable on many levels :)