Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Just a quick note to wish you all a Happy Halloween. As I write this, I am still at the university, trying desperately to get to work on my two research papers that are due next week... but even though it is almost 7:00 p.m. people keep knocking on my office door at the research centre where I work. Argh!

Think I'll have to go home in order to get started on these little gems...

In other news, I have gotten my hands on an outdoor running map, with routes of different distances clearly marked. Yaay!

I am getting too "zoned out" running in circles around the track. TWICE now (in a row, no less!) I've lost count of the number of laps I've done. Oh dear... Will try an outdoor run on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll just be able to turn my brain off and enjoy it.

Oooh... that sounds lovely... turning my brain off for a while!

I have discovered that brains are like bodies... if you overstuff them and then try to make them work hard, they're positively sluggish!

That's describes how mine is operating these days... overstuffed (and hence, sluggish) brain. Arrggghhhh!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And just what kinds of things would cause one to lose count of laps...is sheer boredom of the circle the *only* reason? ;)

Sarah Elaine said...

Well, let's face it... We've always known that math is not my strong point.

And besides, who said I was bored? :-)

ipodmomma said...

I know that feeling... we'll have a break from school next week, and I'm looking forward to it...

hope you got somm writing accomplished...

mollie

Spider Girl said...

Hopefully the weather cooperates with your outdoor run! :)

Sarah Elaine said...

As I write this, it is snowing rather heavily outside, so I may have to forego that outdoor run after all tomorrow. Will keep you posted...

Anonymous said...

Snow? Ouch... It's supposed to be 22 degrees here today. Maybe you should visit Iowa for your outdoor runs. I know a place you can stay!!