Monday, February 20, 2006

Week 7 of 14

The semester is almost half-over. Today is a holiday in Alberta, so there's no school. Of course I came into school anyway, to go to the gym and do some reading. Otherwise, I'm chilling out though.

Last week was brutal... On top of all the usual insanity, I had to design and plan from scratch -- and then deliver -- two 3-hour workshops – on completely different topics; one for a class and one for the Teachers’ Convention that I attended on Friday.

Boy, was I glad to have some social time with the girls on Saturday! But that didn’t happen until after I’d had another training session and scrapped with the trainer. Poor fella. I was a complete brat with him. Too stressed out and I didn’t even realize it until after... (Yes, I apologized...)

The girls’ night was fun! I made far too much food – Spanish tortilla (also known as an egg and potato omelet) and two different paellas – a traditional one loaded with mussels, scallops and shrimp and a vegetarian one. (And no... there is no recipe... sorry! My dear friend Rosa in Valencia, Spain, taught me how to make both the tortilla and the paella. She doesn't use a recipe either...)


We had a variety of appys, salad and a few different desserts, too. Oh yeah, and we can’t forget The Matrix. That was, of course, the piece de resistance.

The rest of the weekend was spent trying to forget about school and de-stress. A little Latin dancing with T.G. helped, I must say.

Now, even though today is a holiday, I am back at the books. I can’t believe that by the end of this week, we’ll officially be halfway to the end of the semester!!

4 comments:

wthenrest said...

I know!!! I am already planning for end of semester testing. It is all too fast. This weekend was definately a destressing weekend. I don't know if I want to go back to reality.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Sarah,

The thing with the seafood made my mouth water, and I'm not even hungery!

Janice~

ipodmomma said...

the concept of time and how long or short it is is really freaking me out man, I must say... :)))

glad you were able to relax and enjoy your weekend... that can make such a difference!

zouzou said...

And may I add, having had the privelege of attending aforesaid matrix night, the food was DEE-licious, the scenery (keanu) was DEE-vine (love the part where he dodges the bullets) and the company was non pareil!