And now for something completely different….
After all the thought-provoking comments on the last post about leadership, I thought I’d lighten things up a bit… (and to be true to my theme of 2006…. Strong body, light spirit… I figure that regular injections of humour are allowed; indeed, advisable!)
Z. sent me this one this morning… one of those e-mail funnies that goes around. I don’t usually forward stuff like this on, but for some reason, this one gave me a good chuckle, so I thought I’d share it here.
As Z. said herself, “Doubtless this will be less than compelling for non-drinker types …” So I’ll beg forgiveness now if you’re a teetotaler…
16 Reasons to serve red wine at work
- It's an incentive to show up.
- It leads to more honest communications.
- It reduces complaints about low pay.
- Employees tell management what they think, not what they want to hear.
- It encourages car pooling.
- Increases job satisfaction because if you have a bad job, you don't care.
- It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.
- It makes fellow employees look better.
- It makes the cafeteria food taste better.
- Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they are wasted.
- Salary negotiations are a lot more profitable.
- Employees work later since there's no longer a need to relax at the bar.
- It makes everyone more open with their ideas.
- It eliminates the need for employees to get drunk on their lunch break.
- Employees no longer need coffee to sober up.
- Sitting "bare butt" on the copy machine will no longer be seen as “gross”.