Saturday, January 07, 2006

Quandary solved...

I walked.

In fact, I dressed in such a way that I was comfortable for walking, but not for running. (Translation: too many clothes and only one sports bra.) There was no way I'd be tempted to run without being properly attired!

My knee is squawking at me at the moment… but only mildly.

Funny thing… I never used to be aware of much pain at all… As my sense of body awareness increases, so does my awareness of pain. I can still tolerate it... but I certainly am more aware of it. Not sure I like that part! Gggrrr!

4 comments:

ipodmomma said...

well, at least you got out there...

how's that knee?

aging is a thing we can't avoid... and for me, I've noticed over the past few years that there are just things that give me an ache or pain that used to not bother me at all...

but you're up and moving, and tomorrow is another day!

well, here it is... :)))

Turtle Guy said...

So sorry to hear about your aches and pains... ice and a restful sleep should help - rest well!

D said...

Take it from me, you might just take a little time off from any activities that even cause a twinge of pain. Taking a little time off beats potentially worsening your condition and being forced into taking several weeks to several months off! Ugh. Hope you are 100% soon!

Unknown said...

Definitely listen to DGC and not me about recovery. I do think that after an injury we tend to notice every little twinge and that it is important to listen to those twinges.