Saturday, January 07, 2006

Quandary...

So... I'm in a bit of a quandary… Remember my 30 seconds of blissful running a couple of days ago? (Yesterday was a gym day, not a running day…) Well, my knee hurt again yesterday.

And it was back to being puffy.

Puffier than it has been for the last little while.

Sigh…

Today I could do the walk/run program again. I really want to. (And Rob, I don’t think I was actually high from the running. There wasn’t enough of it for that! I was just excited to be back on the track…)

Anyway, back to my dilemma…

What to do? What to do?

I’m usually very good about following doctor’s / physical therapist’s / trainer’s orders. I know the walk/run program is progressive and the deal is that if you feel anything… even a twinge… you either stay where you are, or take it back to the previous level.

Well, the previous level was walking!

Do I really want to go back to 30 minutes of walking?

It’s only 30 seconds of running, right? It can’t really be that bad for the knee can it?

Sigh… And having said all that my swim suit stares at me from my locker. It silently says, “You suck at swimming, remember? Do you really want to have to go back to the pool?”

I’ll update later… after I’ve been for my workout…

For now, I think a cup of coffee might help to clear my head.

2 comments:

Kimberly Rae said...

UGH set backs suck, but better to rest it and see what the DR has to say. Can you perhaps do the elliptical trainer at the gym instead of just walking at least to mix it up and give you some variety... What about running in the pool??

ipodmomma said...

that is a bummer... it's hard, when our bodies seem to not listen to our trainers, osteos, etc... :))) will be thinking good thoughts for you!

and yes, I remember Mr Bubble... I wonder what was in it that didn't agree with you....

gald it's warmer there! I'm happy here that the forcatsed snow did not make an appearance... :)))